Thursday, June 9, 2016

Inspector Rishi - Detective Comics Series (Webcomics)


Hi!
A handful of you may already know who I am and what Inspector Rishi is. For the rest of the world, here’s a short intro. I am a filmmaker from Chennai, India. I wrote and directed a Tamil romantic comedy movie titled ’Thiru Thiru Thuru Thuru’ way back in 2009. I am also the writer/creator of the bilingual horror graphic novel ’Sivappu Kal Mookuthi’ (aka Girl with a Red Nose Ring) which I published digitally in 2015.
My second movie was supposed to be a detective horror titled ‘Kolai Nokku Paarvai’ (a coined term in Tamil language meaning ‘Foresight for Murder’). The movie project began in 2013, but unfortunately got shelved after ten days of shoot due to lack of funds.
So I decided to convert Kolai Nokku Paarvai's screenplay into a webcomic series. For those who are unfamiliar with the term 'webcomics', it is Digital Comics that can be read online in a website. I plan to update one page every wednesday and you can read it (for free) at http://inspectorrishi.in.
Some people ask 'why only one page a week? Can't you publish a chapter or several pages a week?'. Well... when I created 'Sivappu Kal Mookuthi’ (aka Girl with a Red Nose Ring), I had a small team of artists. But I am creating Inspector Rishi all by myself. This includes storyboarding, sketching, colouring, translating, lettering, website publishing and social media management. One page a week is all I can manage.
FYI, I am self-learning illustrator experimenting with comics, so don’t expect the artworks to be perfect :) I am still a filmmaker at heart and I’m just glad to have found a means through which I can tell my story to the world.
I hope you enjoy reading my comics as much as I enjoy creating it. If you want to encourage and support my efforts, please do share the website link so that it reaches more people. 
Cheers,
Nandhini JS.

No comments: